Swarovski is a name that we frequently see, but few of us actually understand what makes Swarovski stand out like it does. When most people think of Swarovski, they think of “crystal,” but this brand transforms crystal into something truly outstanding.
About the Swarovski Brand
The brand has been in existence for more than 120 years.
In the late 1800s, Daniel Swarovski patented an electric cutting machine that cuts crystal more precisely than by hand through the use of hydro-electricity. He founded Swarovski in 1895 in the town of Wattens, located in the Austrian alps, because the energy potential from nearby rivers made the location ideal for production.
According to their website, his vision was to use crystal to create “a diamond for everyone.”
Today, the company continues his vision by creating exquisite jewelry, watches, accessories, and home decor. It is run by five fifth-generation family members, and the products are manufactured and sold worldwide.
Swarovski also has two other arms:
Founded in 1919, it is a leading manufacturer of bonded grinding, cutting, sawing, drilling, and dressing tools. It is is a system supplier of tools and machines for the construction industry.
Founded in 1947, it manufactures high-precision long-range optical products. It is a leading supplier for optics for hunting, nature observation, and birding.
5 Fun Facts About the Swarovski Brand
- For this year’s Academy Awards Ceremony, actress Constance Wu’s gown was dusted in sparkling Swarovski crystal embellishments, and she wore an equally stunning bracelet, ring, and drop earrings.
- The Swarovski Crystal Society unites people from all over the world and offers many special benefits.
- The company partners with some of the biggest names in the fashion industry, so look for the brand on the runway.
- During a fashion fair in Zurich, Yvonne Reichmuth, the visionary behind YVY, wore a wide-brim hat with a fully crystallized underside.
- The brand’s signature scent is Aura by Swarovski.
Explore the Jewelry Collection at Diamond Castle
Diamond Castle Jewelers, located in Novi, Michigan, is proud to provide designer jeweler such as that made by Swarovski, William Henry, and Lashbrook, and many more. Visit our showroom to browse our collection of diamond and gold rings, necklaces, bracelets, gemstones, and other accessories.