The ring is still king, but we go beyond the diamond here in our Novi jewelry store. In addition to offering stunning collections of designer jewelry, we offer services including watch battery replacement, ring resizing, and more.
We frequently hear common questions about these services, so we offer our answers here. For specifics about your particular designer watch, diamond ring, or other piece of jewelry, call our office to speak with one of our jewelers.
1. Can I replace my watch battery on my own, or do I have to bring it to you?
It depends on what type of watch you have. Replacing the batteries on some watches can be challenging. You will need to identify the correct battery to purchase, purchase that watch battery, remove the back of the watch, replace the battery, and then replace the cover. Each of these steps can be time consuming and irritatingly difficult if you don’t have the experience or the tools to do it smoothly. You could even damage the face of the watch if you’re not abundantly careful.
So, long story short, you may be able to replace watch batteries on your own for many types of watches, but why hassle when you can simply walk into our Novi jewelry store to have the watch battery replaced for you?
2. How long will it take you to resize my ring?
We’ll start with measuring the sizes of the ring and your finger, which should only take a minute or so. How long it will then take our jewelers to resize the ring depends on the style of the ring and its features. In some cases, we can resize a simple wedding band while you wait in the store. For rings that feature stones around the band, it may take us a day or two.
Rings that have especially intricate design elements may not be suitable for resizing at all. Still, let us take a look at that ring, and we’ll give you our advice. If you need to make a ring smaller but can’t, for example, we can recommend sizing beads.
3. Can I resize a ring more than once, or will that harm the integrity of the ring?
Resizing a ring more than a couple times could damage it, yes, but again, that depends on the detail in the ring. You should be able to resize a simple band relatively easily.
4. How can I tell if something is real gold?
If you have had a piece of golden jewelry for many years, you might not even remember where it came from – or whether or not it’s actually gold jewelry. There are numerous ways to identify if that old piece of “yellow” jewelry is really gold or not.
- Real gold will usually be engraved with the designer’s insignia, the purity number of the gold (such as “14K”), or other details. It’s important to note that many genuine pieces of gold jewelry do indeed have other metals mixed into them. The purity of the gold is indicated by the karat number; the higher the number, the more pure the piece.
- Good gold jewelry generally will not discolor your skin.
- Drop the piece into a cup of water. High-quality gold shouldn’t float at all.
If all else fails, bring it in here. We’ll tell you if it’s real or not.
5. What do I need to do to trade in my gold or other jewelry?
You can trade gold, diamonds, luxury watches, and fine jewelry simply by bringing them into our jewelry store. Don’t worry about the condition they’re in. (In fact, if the watch battery replacement that we discussed earlier isn’t possible for some reason, trading in the watch for cash might be the perfect solution for you.)
Our GIA-trained jewelers will analyze the pieces, assess the grade of diamonds, and provide a fair and accurate offer. Once we get started, the entire process should only take a few minutes.
Are you ready for that watch battery replacement, ring resizing, or a little extra cash in your pocket? We’re here weekdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., so step into our store or give us a call to get started.